Slovenské elektrárne 

Slovenské elektrárne is the largest producer of electricity in Slovakia. It operates 5 nuclear reactors, 31 hydroelectric and two solar power plants, which together generate approximately 72% of the country’s total electricity production. Following the shutdown of the coal-fired power plants, the company will generate all its electricity without direct carbon dioxide emissions starting in April 2024. The Slovenské elektrárne has an installed capacity of 4,128.8 MWe, to which another nuclear unit with a capacity of 471 MWe will soon be added, thus consolidating the company’s position as one of the largest electricity producers in Central and Eastern Europe. Slovenské elektrárne is also engaged in the generation and supply of heat and provides complementary services to the electricity grid.

Through affiliated companies, the company distributes electricity, gas, heat and energy services to end customers in Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Poland. Its customer portfolio also includes some of the largest industrial companies in the region.

Slovenské elektrárne is a joint stock company that was founded in 2002. As of July 2016, 66% of its shares are owned by the energy group Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH) and the Italian energy company Enel. The remaining 34% of shares are owned by the Slovak Republic.

More on